Bárbara Cerón Olvera harpist & Conductor
From Mexico City. Harpist & director, she is the first and only one latinamerican specialized on baroque harp. Graduated at Koninklijk Konservatorium in The Netherlands.
In 2007 she gets her diploma in classic harp under the advice from Ernestine Stoop, in 2008, she gets the diploma in baroque harp with Christina Pluhar at the same school.
Since 2011 is member of Ensamble Lucidarium (Italy), playing renaissance and medieval music. Next tour USA 2017. During her staying in Europe (2002-2012) She was member of ensemble Musica Temprana, and still making some programs together.
She use to work with conductor Gabriel Garrido in different projects like Ensamble Elyma, Paraguay Barroco and Capilla de las Américas, as a player and as a teacher.
She has been invited for giving masterclass at Conservatory of Genève, Switzerland, University of Queretaro and she is giving workshops constantly for festivals or cultural organizations.
- Avecillas Sonoras, ensamble Música Temprana. Una selección de música de archivos de catedrales latinoamericanas del s. XVIII (2008),
- Iyai Jesucristo, un cd con música de las misiones jesuíticas durante el s. XVIII en Bolivia (2009).
- Hombres de Maíz, ensamble Lucidarium. Una colección de danzas italianas y mexicanas (2011).
- Música y Danza en la Epoca Virreinal, ensamble Concierto Barroco (2012).
- Un Sarao en Chalco, grupo Segrel. Piezas del Codex. J.J M. García, 1772 (2013).
- Al Atravesar la Mar, first solo album. Quindecim Records, Mexico. (2016)
She has participated in many festivals such as Festival Archipel, Festival van Flanderen, Brussels, Early Music Festival in Stockholm, Darmstadt Music Festival, Early Music Festival, Prague, Festival Cervantino in Mexico, the Encuentro Latinoamericano de Arpa in Mexico City and in Caracas, Aqua Musica Festival in Amsterdam, the Chicano Art Festival in Chicago, The World Music Days in Puebla, Mexico, Festival del Centro Histórico in Mexico City, Ambronnay Festival in France, Early Music Festival of Utrecht, Festival Internacional de Música Renacentista y Barroca Americana in Chiquitos Bolivia, Festival de Música in La Paz, La Fête de la Musique in Geneva, Festival de Música Sacra y Virreinal, Colombia, Les Chemins du Baroque, in France, among others.